Alberta Transplant Innovation Fund (ATIF)
On October 26, 2016, Economic Development and Trade, Astellas and the University Hospital Foundation announced a $1.2M fund.
ATIF will invest in four key areas:
- Advancing Alberta’s transplant technologies
- Providing better care for Alberta transplant patients through education and better technologies
- Validating and testing new transplant technologies from Alberta and abroad
- Increasing organ donations and availability
Impact to date:
- Funded four $25,000 research projects in collaboration with the Alberta Transplant Institute and the Canadian National Transplant Research Program
- Established of pan-provincial advisory group of scientific, operational & clinical thought leaders in organ and tissue transplantation
Submission of LOIs for funding through ATIF now closed for 2016/17
Inquiries: Contact Judi Bahl – email@example.com or 780-407-6883.
Alberta Transplant Fund Announcement - October 26, 2016